More detailed Mac list splitting on wireless access-points

From: Moser Max (MMoserat_private)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 00:30:21 PDT

    Hi everyone,

    I would like to build a better MAC-Address list that I currently use in
    the Wellenreiter application.
    The goal is to find the different ranges in the big pool :-)
    For example finding which range of the Lucent/Agere cards are used in
    Apple airports and which in
    Elsa devices etc. I bet there are some ranges.

    I ask this list to contribute the first 8 digits of the Mac-addresses of
    the access-points they have.
    And which products they are. So we will be able to find a match maybe.
    This makes wireless penetration
    more exact. I will collect this information sort it a bit and give it
    back to you all.

    Greetings

    Max Moser
    Home of the Wellenreiter