Re: Verizon Call Intercept

From: Steven J. Sobol (sjsobolat_private)
Date: Fri May 31 2002 - 09:26:02 PDT

    On Wed, 29 May 2002 Valdis.Kletnieksat_private wrote:

    > On Tue, 28 May 2002 16:59:58 PDT, Kenneth Williams <kenat_private>  said:
    >
    > > The pin on my service is at least 10 digits in fact they recommend assigning
    > > the pin as the callers real phone number so it is easy to recognize
    >
    > How the <expletive> are we supposed to teach users not to use their userid as
    > their passsword when the telcos are offering this helpful advice?

    I'd just remind them that the worst that happens if someone figures out
    their Privacy Manage password is that the call gets pushed through. A lot
    worse things can happen with a security breach on an Internet servers. I
    explain this to my customers, and 99% of them understand it, and I don't
    want the other 1% as customers anyhow.

    --
    Steve Sobol, CTO (Server Guru, Network Janitor and Head Geek)
    JustThe.net LLC, Mentor On The Lake, OH  888.480.4NET   http://JustThe.net