Re: PGP spoof decrypted output?

From: Benjamin Elijah Griffin (bgriffinat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 11:58:00 PDT

    Olaf Kirch <okirat_private> wrote:
    > Rich Henning wrote:
    > > Your "spoof" was displayed as plain text and not highlighted
    > All mutt versions I've tested will happily display escape sequences,
    > as in foo!bar!baz!

    As did mailx when I read that. I think I am going to fix my copy not
    to do that anymore.

    > It's a bad idea to display the signature verification status inline,
    > intermixed with the message body itself. And don't tell me people
    > always check the time and date displayed by mutt... :)

    If you can include escape sequences, and know about waht terminal
    they have (how many people don't use vt100 compatible terminals for
    their Unix shells?) then, presumably, you can re-write any part of
    the terminal window by embedding the right sequences.

    Benjamin