Re: Coding Conservative CGI Perl

From: Joerg Over (overat_private)
Date: Mon Jun 10 2002 - 11:54:41 PDT

    Am 00:27 10.06.02 -0500 schrubst Du:
    ->#!/usr/bin/perl
    ->print "Content-type:text/html\n\n";
    ->print "SUP!<BR>";
    ->
    ->This will not work but recoded to work (not having spaces) would be:
    ->
    ->#!/usr/bin/perl
    ->print("Content-type:text/html\n\n");
    ->print("SUP!<BR>");
    ->
    ->You can have just about any character other than spaces... I'm no good
    with perl really unfournately although I have read quite a number of
    articles the only thing I've successfully found remotely useful was using
    print($ENV{DOCUMENT_ROOT}); to find the location of the file heh.

    perl is quiet flexible in that respect.
    Since you seemingly can use newlines, just use them wherever you otherwise
    can't avoid a space.

    #!perl
    kill
    $$