Re: Java and buffer overflows

From: Rafael Anschau (rhanschaat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 25 2002 - 18:27:31 PDT

    The topic of this thread is "Java bofs".
    Java is presumably immune to bofs, due to the VM's boundchecking mechanisms.
    The question still remains whether the VM has security bugs.

    And yes, there are many other bugs which could
    leave security breaches.  And yes Java, is vulnerable
    to poor coding as any other language around.

    []'s

    Woody

    --
    Rafael Anschau - Terra Networks Brasil