Re: OpenSSh 3.4p1 PrivilegeSerparation experiment

From: strangeat_private
Date: Sat Jun 29 2002 - 15:12:16 PDT

    On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 02:54:13PM -0700, Aaron.Haydenat_private wrote:

    >   point: why would you expect current sessions to reread config?
    >
    > Well, I wouldn't.  But I would expect terminations of sessions spawned
    > under the original's configuration (all connections in my example).  In
    > other words, I'd not expect all ssh daemons to die, but sessions run by
    > the sshd process I kill should halt.

    I wouldn't like that. Especially if I mistyped some configuration and
    blocked myself out of the server, with no way to log in.

    Or if I was upgrading but forgot installing something and just killed the
    sshd daemons (that listens and spawns the shells), and then lost my only
    connection.

    Regards,
    Luciano Rocha