RE: Google lists vulnerable sites.

From: Erick Arturo Perez Huemer (eperezat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 05 2002 - 16:12:27 PDT

    Doing a query of a specific country/language and using inurl:iisadmin
    revealed a simple list of sites running the Internet Information Server
    administrator page, the list returned was 45. Of those, 9 had no
    password and were visible from my side.

    Several searches can be made: Ports in the url, specific cgi, specific
    files (like the db) etc.

    Using the db as an example, I was able to see several sites that use a
    web program to manage statistics and other data. Those sites were under
    an obfuscated URL and I guess they were supposed not to be seen by the
    outsiders.

    The only drawback is that I do not seem to be able to define a "set" of
    ip addresses rather than domains to search.

    Google.com.....Simple Nmap's rival?? (itīs a joke, dont start
    blaming....)

    Erick A. Perez H.
    Asesor de Seguridad informatica
    y TeleComunicaciones
    Panama, Republica de Panama
    Tel. (507) 226-6217
    Movil. (507) 652-4889 (24 horas)
    eperezat_private

    n+filetype%
    3Adb

    The above search sets the requirments that admin must be in the url and
    only sites that contain a file of the type .db are returned.

    Now most of the links you click on will take you to some meaningless url

    or email database but if for exaple you had

    www.somesite.org/admin/cgi-bin/url.db

    and you removed the url.db from the link you are now free to traverse
    through there directories and files.  By useing carefully selected
    search
    terms like the ones above I have about a 90-95% success rate of
    vulnerable sites returned.  The trick is finding the right directory and

    filetypes to use in the search.