Windows fuzz - Following on.

From: Brett Moore (brettat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 09 2002 - 16:14:56 PDT

    To add some input to these interesting thoughts...

    possible sendmessage exploitations for privilege enhancement

    * Causing local buffer overflows

    - A text box has a set size of 10, and the program which would probably have
    to be to be using non-standard methods ( encryption progs etc ), grabs the
    bytes calculated by the length of the textbox string, and stores in a fixed
    10 byte buffer as it expects a max of 10.
    - We set the size to be larger than 10, and hey presto?

    brett