Re: hijacking TCP connections on FreeBSD

From: Bojan Zdrnja (bzdrnjaat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 06:50:01 PDT

    At 20:14 9.7.2002 +0200, tide wrote:
    >I think I once read something about taking over tcp connections on
    >phrack.org but couldn't find the 'phile' anymore. link, anyone?
    >Judging from the document I just mentioned, one can take over every
    >alive tcp connection.
    >
    >To just play man in the middle, have a look at
    >http://ettercap.sourceforge.net/

    Excellent article you were referring to is "IP-spoofing Demystified" by
    daemon9/route/infinity, published in Phrack 48, File 14.
    http://www.phrack.com/show.php?p=48&a=14

    I would recommend reading this article as it explains basics of IP
    spoofing, as well as connection hijacking. I can see other people already
    pasted lots of links to implementations.

    Best regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja