Re: hijacking TCP connections on FreeBSD

From: Ron DuFresne (dufresneat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 13:19:22 PDT

    On Tue, 9 Jul 2002, jmiller wrote:

    > a man in the middle is not neccessary, you sniff the packets, spoof your ip
    > and or mac, then dos the other box you are spoofing. there is a *nix tool
    > that will do an arp flood, turning all switches into a hub, so you do not
    > need to be on the same subnet either. search for it on freshmeat.net
    > Jmiller

    This is of course, assuming you are in a position to sniff the traffic at
    some point.  Otherwise man-in-the-middle is the way to go about the task.

    Thanks,

    Ron DuFresne

    "Cutting the space budget really restores my faith in humanity.  It
    business of hate, debauchery, and self-annihilation." -- Johnny Hart
    	***testing, only testing, and damn good at it too!***

    OK, so you're a Ph.D.  Just don't touch anything.