RE: [7.8.2002 44916] Notice of Copyright Infringement]

From: Jason Coombs (jasoncat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 10 2002 - 18:10:16 PDT

    You need to read the Digital Millenium Copyright Act.

    Cox has no choice but to comply with the MPAA/copyright.org
    demand for decisive action to stop the distribution of the
    allegedly-pirated intellectual property. There's no way that
    Cox can be said to have violated privacy in this situation
    unless they gave out the identity of the accused without a
    court order compelling the release of that information.

    http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/hr2281.pdf

    Also look here:

    http://www.loc.gov/copyright/onlinesp/