Re: is any one sniffing comports on win2k or XP?

From: KF (dotslashat_private)
Date: Fri Jul 26 2002 - 16:48:06 PDT

    Some one suggested this to me off the list... unfortunately it does not
    work on NT flavors.  It requires no hardware and its free. =] . I fired
    it up and set it to "attach" to COM1. I plugged in the barcode reader
    and then opened the software that sends the "init" to the device. Theres
    a nice play button on the software and it begins sniffing the data on
    the port.  In data is highlighted in red and out data in blue with a hex
    and ascii dump of both directions. This did the job nicely ... I was
    able to snag the data very easily. I was able  drop it into a small c
    program which will be used to avoid using a proprietary software to turn
    this device on.

    This would definately be useful for sniffing sessions in other scenarios.

    http://www.rtcomm.com/comlab32.html
    -KF