RE: Does MSN Messenger Bypass Group Policy?

From: Robert Sullivan (rsullivan@art-line.com)
Date: Tue Jul 30 2002 - 10:03:09 PDT

    Another neat trick that you can do is to schedule a task.  Even if you
    don't have access to run any programs, the system will run the program
    for you.  If you don't have access to scheduled tasks, you can run
    forbidden programs if they are spawned from allowed programs!  We used
    Microsoft's C++ at school, which was one of the few allowed programs.
    From there you could just open a binary (like minesweeper :), then go
    "run program" and it would run like a champ.  This was in a Windows
    98/NT environment, I don't know if it works on 2000/XP.

    --
    Bob Sullivan
    Art Line Inc.