Re: In regards to the insecurity of AOL Instant Messenger

From: Alex Lambert (alambertat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 06 2002 - 12:39:44 PDT

    Additionally, some IRC servers allow SSL connections -- the ones I've seen
    use port 994 (ircs).

    Trillian also can do encrypted DCC (which is, besides the initial handshake,
    handled by the two clients instead of the server).

    AIM has no native support for encrypted connections (or, if it does, I have
    never seen it used); Trillian allows two users (each with the Trillian
    client) to communicate securely via SSL.

    apl