Re: In regards to the insecurity of AOL Instant Messenger

From: Bojan Zdrnja (bzdrnjaat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 07 2002 - 03:35:57 PDT

    At 14:39 6.8.2002 -0500, Alex Lambert wrote:
    >Additionally, some IRC servers allow SSL connections -- the ones I've seen
    >use port 994 (ircs).

    Concerning IRC servers that allow SSL connections, I think LinkNet is the
    best example.
    It uses SSL client-to-server encryption and AES server-to-server encryption
    so all data travelling the Internet is practically safe from snoopers (of
    course, server still has to decrypt it for himself).

    You can find more information on http://www.link-net.org.

    Best regards,

    Bojan Zdrnja