/instmsg/alias/annoying_web_logs ;)

From: H D Moore (hdmat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 14 2002 - 15:42:15 PDT

    I get billions of these things too, its part of some MSN groups/chat
    thing, essentially it takes requests the "alias" of the email address
    (daveat_private => /instmsg/alias/dave). Might be fun to send back
    some looooong responses ;) My favorites are all the ones that originate
    from microsoft "tide" addresses... They send me some funny referrers from
    their intranet servers once in a while too.

    ---
    "Immunity also gets a lot of requests for /instmsg/alias/dave, which
    doesn't exist. I'm curious what web client plugin causes this behavior.
    And, I've noticed FrontPage makes PROPFIND, /_vti_bin/shtml.dll, and
    other FrontPage-style requests. Somewhere here I smell an exploitable
    client-side vulnerability."
    ---