UserID and hashed password for Lotus Domino

From: Casper Gio (gpedone77at_private)
Date: Fri Oct 18 2002 - 08:11:04 PDT

    hi,
    while doing security tests on a Lotus Domino sistem, I
    managed to get the UserID file for a user, and the
    hashed password of another user.
    I made it accessing thru the Internet, so I was a
    totally unpriviligied user. The way I made it, is
    simple:

    the company I'm doing this test for, left some of the
    domino databases open to the public. Among the others,
    there's the names.nsf database, wich contains info
    about the users. You just access this database with a
    url like:
    http://domino_server/names.nsf
    Well, one user had his UserID file publicly
    accessible, and another user had his password digest
    stored in the database.

    Is there any way to obtain the password from the
    UserID, or to crack and obtain the password from its
    hash?
    (I read it was released a tool named "sesame"... any
    clue? here for more info about it:
    http://online.securityfocus.com/news/66 )

    I would be interested in demonstrate how to abtain a
    password or access to
    the system starting from the data I collected on the
    Internet.
    I would appreciate any help thanks.

    Casper

    Mio Yahoo!: personalizza Yahoo! come piace a te
    http://it.yahoo.com/mail_it/foot/?http://it.my.yahoo.com/