Re: UserID and hashed password for Lotus Domino

From: HalbaSus (halbasusat_private)
Date: Sat Oct 19 2002 - 05:16:48 PDT

    Casper Gio wrote:

    >hi,
    >while doing security tests on a Lotus Domino sistem, I
    >managed to get the UserID file for a user, and the
    >hashed password of another user.
    >I made it accessing thru the Internet, so I was a
    >totally unpriviligied user. The way I made it, is
    >simple:
    >
    >the company I'm doing this test for, left some of the
    >domino databases open to the public. Among the others,
    >there's the names.nsf database, wich contains info
    >about the users. You just access this database with a
    >url like:
    >http://domino_server/names.nsf
    >Well, one user had his UserID file publicly
    >accessible, and another user had his password digest
    >stored in the database.
    >
    >Is there any way to obtain the password from the
    >UserID, or to crack and obtain the password from its
    >hash?
    >(I read it was released a tool named "sesame"... any
    >clue? here for more info about it:
    >http://online.securityfocus.com/news/66 )
    >
    >I would be interested in demonstrate how to abtain a
    >password or access to
    >the system starting from the data I collected on the
    >Internet.
    >I would appreciate any help thanks.

    Hi, I am doing a test for a company also running Lotus Domino. I tried
    names nsf yet it asks for an authentification. According to
    http://packetstormsecurity.nl/0202-exploits/lotus.domino.bypass.txt
    there is a way to bypass the authentification by sending a buffer. I did
    a quick perl script that would brute force that buffer and I found
    something quite interesting.
    An url like http://www.host.com/log.ntf++++x215+++++++.nsf would get me
    the same page as www.host.com/log.nsf (any other buffer would result in
    a server error) This gives me the feeling that the exploit does work,
    and what I'm actually seeing is log.ntf (not log.nsf) but probably the 2
    files are identical... or maybe I'm wrong... anyway, could you, or
    somebody else concernet about lotus domino security give me a clue about
    all this stuff.