Re: Retransmissions while blocking TCP Stack's RST?

From: Brad Arlt (arltat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 30 2002 - 10:09:09 PST

    On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 06:33:38AM -0800, Cynic wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am looking for an application for *NIX, that can replay captured
    > packets, while dropping, the TCP Stacks responses.  Let's assume I
    > replay a SYN, and receive a SYN-ACK, my host's TCP Stack immediatley
    > replies with a RST since it was not aware a connection was to be
    > opened.  So I am looking for some low-level retransmission
    > application for *nix such as Network monitor for NT. (I believe it
    > does this.)

    http://tcpreplay.sourceforge.net/

    TCP Replay resends a libpcap or snoop capture file.  As far as I know
    it doesn't listen to a darn thing, so you are good to go.

    You can trim the capture file however you like using the tools that
    come with it, Snoop, or tcpdump.
       __o		Bradley Arlt			Security Team Lead
     _ \<_		arltat_private		University Of Calgary
    (_)/(_) 	I should be biking right now.	Computer Science