Re: Firewall bypassing tool

From: Michael Katz (mikeat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 01 2002 - 11:38:23 PST

    At 11/1/2002 03:28 AM, d_fence wrote:

    >I read sometime ago about bypassing the firewall filters which block incoming
    >(initializing) SYN packets, by sending for example a SYN-FIN packet and
    >establishing that way a connection to a blocked port.. Now  I`m trying to
    >check wether my firewall would let through such packets, and so I`m searching
    >for a tool which would does this.. Do you know any such tools?

    This seems too obvious, but....

    How about Fyodor's nmap?  You can obtain it from http://www.insecure.org/nmap.

    One of the options for scanning is -sF, which will send SYN-FIN
    packets.  You can also use -sA, which will send SYN-ACK packets.

    There are also tools like hping (http://www.hping.org) which can be used to
    test your firewall in a similar manner.

    Michael Katz
    mikeat_private