shell script cgi

From: c jones (ojnes33at_private)
Date: Thu Nov 14 2002 - 10:10:32 PST

    Hi,

    I have found the line below in an sh cgi program, and
    believe I can pass a command to the shell but can't
    seem to get it to work right. No matter what I try as
    the HTTP_USER_AGENT it interprets it as a string in
    the echo command & I can't get it to break it into a
    new command. Nothing is done to HTTP_USER_AGENT before
    this line...it's just reading it directly from the
    environment.

    Any help you may have is very much appreciated.

    Thanks

    ua=`echo "$HTTP_USER_AGENT" | sed "s#\;##g"`