RE: Web single sign-on

From: Levenglick, Jeff (jlevenglickat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 09 2002 - 11:15:11 PST

    Dave,

    I have been working on a major e-business project using bea and rsa
    products. (Rsa bought
    Securant) I can tell you this, you can create your own solution, but it is
    very complicated
    compared to the products out there. Keep in mind, nothing is fully
    compatible and it will
    take a good amount of effort on your part to get it working.

    I have integrated Keon, Cleartrust and Ace with Bea Weblogic/Portal.
    (Different parts of the portal
    required different access requirements) I had to use the api's with java and
    c.

    No matter what the vendors say, no product out there is fully compatible or
    really has been
    tested to scale to thousands of users. (We have been working with the Rsa
    engineers for months
    while doing a load test of 20 users)

    Jeff