Re: What to do with a vulerability?

From: Blue Boar (BlueBoarat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 14:50:37 PST

    Oliver Lavery wrote:
    > 	I believe that I have come up with a new and perhaps more effective
    > way of creating stealth virii / trojans on Win32. Let's assume
    > hypothetically that I'm not some loon, and actually have an original and
    > workable idea.

    So you are saying you've got a way to hide a process running on a Windows
    machine?

    > 3) Develop a proof of concept and release it publically.

    If you're wondering if a process hidden in this way can be detected, then
    release a simple proof-of-concept program, and invite the list readers to
    come up with a countermeasure.  Your code needn't be viral or designed to
    spread in any way.

    						BB