Black Hat Announcements

From: Jeff Moss (jmossat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 03:18:25 PST

    Hello vuln-dev subscribers,

    Black Hat would like to make three announcements that may be of interest here.

    - First I would like to make the final announcement for the Black Hat
    Windows Security Briefings & Training 2003. Held in Microsoft's back yard,
    the conference will be in Seattle, February 26-27th, with two days of
    training available on the 24th & 25th. Highlights of the Briefings will
    include the much anticipated release of the "Enforcer" tool by Tim Mullen,
    Michael Howard & David LeBlanc's presentation  on writing secure code, and
    Saumil Shah's presentation on assessment techniques utilizing the Fire &
    Water tool-kit.
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/win-usa-03/win-usa-03-index.html

    Greg Hoglund, founder of www.rootkit.com and Cenzic, has been added to the
    training agenda, and is giving a two day class titled "Aspects of Offensive
    Root-kit Technology". This is a first time offering of a class specifically
    focusing on Root-kit technology and promises to be stellar.
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/win-usa-03/train-bh-win-03-index.html

    - Second, almost 75 new presentations have been added on-line! All the
    video from Black Hat Windows Security 2002 AND Black Hat USA 2002 are now
    on-line. Richard Clarke was the keynote speaker at the July show, and while
    there were many excellent technical talks, Jeff Jonas' lunchtime talk on
    NORA was not to be missed. We are encoding at a higher quality with a bit
    higher resolution. Check out:
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-multi-media-archives.html#USA-2002

    - Last I would like to remind everyone that Black Hat has opened the CFP
    for our Europe conference which will be held in May in Amsterdam. In the
    next few weeks the CFPs for the July, Federal, and Asia conferences will be
    put on-line. We look forward to your submissions.

    Thank you, and I hope your mail client knows how to word wrap.

    Jeff Moss
    Black Hat

    PS: If you want to see the talk David Litchfield gave at the July show in
    which he reveals the MS SQL UDP problem that turned into the SQL
    Hell/Slammer/Sapphire worm, fire up Real Player and check out the video:
    rtsp://media-1.datamerica.com/blackhat/bh-usa-02/video/BH-USA-02-DAVID-LITCHFIELD.rm