glibc glob_filename() recurse call stack overflow (Re[2]: Bash Blues)

From: 3APA3A (3APA3Aat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 22:54:19 PST

    Dear Roland Postle,

    It  looks  to  be  the  only  correct  post  in this thread :) Yes, it's
    definitely  bug  in  glibc, not in bash itself (same versions of bash on
    libc systems like FreeBSD are not affected). Recurse call stack overflow
    is  believed not to be exploitable to code execution, but since this bug
    is  in  library it may be treated as security one as it may be exploited
    remotely  (at  least  as  a DoS) in a case glob_filename is used in some
    network service.

    --
    ~/ZARAZA
    Бросьте стараться - ничего из этого не выйдет. (Твен)