A different bash blues

From: adminat_private
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 17:48:30 PST

    In relation to the Bash Blues thread, I have something that may be of
    interest.

    eval `perl -e 'print ":;" x 97500'`

    This causes bash to crash too sig 11. I don't know if this means anything
    or not, but who knows, it may be useful to someone else. The number 97500
    is most likely a lot higher that it needs to be but I have noticed that
    when I have tried this on different machines, it takes slightly different
    amounts of :; to get it to crash.