Re: freeconsole()

From: Oscar Gallego Sendín (ogsat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 02:20:17 PST

    > I am using a basic reverse shell written in C as part of an html based
    > exploit recently revealed by malware.com. it uses WSAStartup() and
    > CreateProcess(). I'm looking for a way to hide the console created by
    > CreateProcess. I've tried freeconsole() with no params as suggested by
    some
    > sources, however this does not work.
    >
    > Any ideas would be appreciated.

    Try to add this values into your startupinfo struct:

    si.dwFlags = STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW ;
    si.wShowWindow = SW_HIDE ;

    Also, look for info on CreateProcess. There are flags like:

    DETACHED_PROCESS
    CREATE_NO_WINDOW

    This values, when combined, should hide the console
    window and also GUI windows... So you can execute, for
    instance, a hidden calc.exe

    Good luck
    --
    Oscar Gallego Sendin