RE: NSLOOKUP.EXE

From: Patrick Webster (webster_pat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 14:28:35 PST

    Tested on Windows 2000 Pro, SP3 and all updates.

    I haven't tested it on XP yet.

    I get an Input too long error if run through cmd.exe, eg. c:\>nslookup.exe AAAAA[..], but if I run nslookup with no args, then request AAA[..]AAA it gives the 0x41414141 memory error.

    If I give nslookup a much larger amount of A's, the response is:

    (null)    dns.server.net

    then crashes.

    -Patrick

    This correspondence is for the named person's use only.  It may contain confidential or legally privileged information or both.
    No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.  If you receive this correspondence in error, please immediately delete it from your system and notify the sender.  You must not disclose, copy or rely on any part of this correspondence if you are not the intended recipient.

    Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of DeMorgan.
    This e-mail has been checked for known Viruses. It is the responsibility of the receiver to check their system for infected files and any such file is deemed not to be the responsibility of DeMorgan.