RE: NSLOOKUP.EXE

From: Brett Moore (brettat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:56:57 PST

    Hi

    To do it from the command prompt. you must echo to a file and then redirect.

    ie:
    nslookup < foo

    where foo contains the long string ending with a <CR>.

    Because this is read error, it may be possible to insert valid values to
    read
    untill you hit some code that does a write.

    Longer strings overflow a strcpy or multibytetowide copy and result in a
    write error
    but because the buffer ends at non writeable memory, I couldn't see anything
    important
    been overwritten. Perhaps though.

    nslookup ver 5.0.2195.4985

    Brett