RE: Research on Source Code Review -C

From: Ingevaldson, Dan (ISS Atlanta) (dsiat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 11 2003 - 12:27:37 PDT

    I recommend reviewing the ISS X-Force presentation titled, "Advanced
    Software Vulnerability Assessment", presented at last year's Black Hat
    Briefings in Las Vegas.  The presentation outlines some of the
    techniques that the X-Force team uses to uncover vulnerabilities in
    source code.  In the presentation, we covered the fact that the
    automated tools used to uncover flaws aren't good for finding anything
    besides the most trivial vulnerabilities.

    Presentation details and PowerPoint:
    http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-usa-02/bh-usa-02-speakers.html#Dowd

    Presentation video:
    rtsp://media-1.datamerica.com/blackhat/bh-usa-02/video/BH-USA-02-DOWD-HE
    RATH-MEHTA-FLAKE.rm

    Regards,
    Dan Ingevaldson
    Engineering Manager, X-Force R&D