Re: GetPC code (was: Shellcode from ASCII)

From: Roland Postle (mailat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 12:40:30 PDT

    On Thu, 26 Jun 2003 11:46:33 -0300, Gerardo Richarte wrote:

    >Ok, first challenge: create a Get PC code with no zeros and no 0xff
    >in it. sounds easy? hehe, it's not. However, we know it's possible,
    >at least sometimes.

    Not so generic, it's only for Windows NT, but I imagine similar things
    could be done on other platforms if some guaranteed mapped space could
    be found without null or 0xFF in it's address.

    B9 D0FEFD7F    MOV ECX,7FFDFED0
    8B01           MOV EAX,DWORD PTR DS:[ECX]
    C701 5B53C341  MOV DWORD PTR DS:[ECX],41C3535B
    E8 D8DFBD7F    CALL 7FFDFED0
    8901           MOV DWORD PTR DS:[ECX],EAX

    First thoughts on the second challenge: You can't use any of the call
    opcodes, but you might be able to setup a quick exception handler in
    the known mapped space. Cause a fault, and then find the address of
    your fault causing instruction in the structure that's passed. (Again
    I'm talking NT).

    - Blazde