Re: Anyone looked at the canary stack protection in Win2k3?

From: Mark Feldman (mkfeldmanat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 06 2003 - 03:05:18 PDT

    Hi thomas
    There is no need for a tool like IDA pro when you've got source code
    available under your Visual C++ 7.0 CRT\SRC directory.
    The security check is enabled by adding the /GS option to the compiler's
    command line.

    These two links will explain microsoft's stack smashing protection:

    http://std.dkuug.dk/JTC1/SC22/WG21/docs/papers/2003/n1462.pdf

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-
    us/dv_vstechart/html/vctchCompilerSecurityChecksInDepth.asp

    Regards,
    Mark Feldman <mkfeldmanat_private>