[VulnWatch] LLSSRV Clarifications [Immunity]

From: Dave Aitel (dave@private)
Date: Wed Mar 16 2005 - 14:08:39 PST

Immunity is happy to announce the release from VSC of a new paper to our
public website regarding the technical details of the llssrv
vulnerability Microsoft released on February 8th, 2005. Along with this
paper, we've released a reliable, language-independant exploit to the
CANVAS distribution.

As stated in MS05-010, LLSSRV is not remotely exploitable on Windows
2000 Server SP3 and 4 without authentication. However, it is remotely
exploitable in Windows 2000 Advanced Server SP 3 and 4 without
authentication. This information, missing from MS05-010, is a perfect
example as to why fully independant third party security information and
exploit code provide a key link in an organization's ability to
understand and evaluate the risk posted by vulnerabilities.

Further details, vulnerability release scheduling, and other information
are available here:
http://www.immunitysec.com/resources-advisories.shtml

Thanks,
Dave Aitel