Re: [ISN] New York Red Cross Needs Tech assistance!

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Sep 19 2001 - 11:45:10 PDT

    Forwarded from: Darren Reed <darrenrat_private>
    and Cc'd: Dominick David <David.Dominickat_private>

    [Yes for the most part this is a list on information security articles
    but people who know me, or have seen other posts I've made to other
    private lists know that infosec isn't what I spend every waking second
    on (Humanitarian projects being one of them). In this time of need I
    decided on a command call to ask the members of the list which I would
    call some of the most elite minds in technology and security if they
    could help the Red Cross at the time with getting the tecnology and
    brainpower they needed.

    Now I don't know what Darren was up to last Tuesday and Wednesday, but
    I was locked down on a military base with the expectation of
    additional terrorist threats, with the possiblity of some happening on
    the base, when requests for help were coming across my computer, I
    took it upon myself to put the word out, and in all the lists I put
    the word out, Darren is the only one to bitch. So if there is any
    other Darren's out there that don't like an occasional non-infosec
    post, a post asking to help the families of specops personal, or a
    request for $$$ for various known humanitarian groups, leave now!
    I have little time for this   - William Knowles  9-19-2001]

    Last time I looked, isnat_private was for InfoSec News.  On top of that
    it is a list which serves as a concentrator of security announcements around
    the 'web - not exactly something you would group as a "community" list.  It
    may require lots of people to submit things.

    That's not "disaster relief" or "emergency situations" or "help the needy".

    I could go on and on but this is already inappropriate for the list.

    In some email I received from Dominick, David, sie wrote:

    > You have to love insensitive people. I would ask that we share no
    > information with this person and remove them from our group.
    > Somebody this asinine obviously cares about nobody but themselves
    > and does not deserve any help from us.
    >
    > Please either remove him from this list.
    > We are a community on this list. We try to help each other out and work
    > together. If you do not have a community mentality, then please leave us.

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.