Re: [ISN] Microsoft hackers reached key programmes

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Wed Oct 31 2001 - 02:41:00 PST

    From: Peter A. DeNitto <denittoat_private>, and a dozen or so other ISN
    subscribers...

    > Look at the dateline on the story.

    Heh, yeah. If I have said it once I'll say it again, lack of sleep and
    list moderation do not bode well together. Especially 22+ hours of
    being up, standing in line for airport security, flying, the searches,
    the searches, flying, did I mention the searches? :) finding the
    hotel, and getting settled in.

    I am going to have to get the head geek to modify the bot to not
    forward news for moderation older than the year we're in now. :)

    Cheers!

    - William

    > On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, InfoSec News wrote:
    >
    > Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 03:30:12 -0600 (CST)
    > From: InfoSec News <isnat_private>
    > To: isnat_private
    > Subject: [ISN] Microsoft hackers reached key programmes
    >
    > http://www.nzherald.co.nz/storydisplay.cfm?storyID=157359&thesection=technology&thesubsection=general
    >
    > 28.10.2000
    > 8:00 AM
    >
    > STOCKHOLM/LONDON - Microsoft President and Chief Executive Steve
    > Ballmer said the hackers who broke into the software giant's computer
    > systems had gained access to some of its key programs, but had not
    > changed them.
    >
    > "It is clear that hackers did see some of our source code," Ballmer
    > told Microsoft programmers and reporters at a seminar in Stockholm
    > yesterday.

    [...]

    -
    ISN is currently hosted by Attrition.org

    To unsubscribe email majordomoat_private with 'unsubscribe isn' in the BODY
    of the mail.