RE: [ISN] Digital Destruction Was Worst Imaginable

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Thu Mar 07 2002 - 23:45:41 PST

    Forwarded from: Brooks Isoldi <bjisoldiat_private>

    Bob,

    	Im not quite sure what kind of critical infrastructure
    protection you think the FBI or NIPC would have been able to carry
    out.  It seems highly unlikely that anyone would have been able to do
    anything.  Unfortunately, the complete destruction of BOTH Towers is
    something noone besides Tom Clancey has ever been able to dream up.
    Loss of our communication infrastructure due to September 11 is
    something neither NIPC nor the FBI, nor anyone else for that matter
    could have done anything about.  About the only thing they COULD do
    was just reroute all communications, which they did when it was
    appropriate...so Im not too sure what you wanted them to do.

    ---
    Brooks Isoldi
    The Intelligence Network
    http://www.intellnet.org