Re: [ISN] towards a taxonomy of Information Assurance

From: InfoSec News (isnat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 26 2003 - 05:51:35 PDT

    Forwarded from: Mark Bernard <mbernardat_private>

    Dear Associates,

    Here we go again, some pointy heads have an idea!! Wow!

    Sorry guys, systems assurance reviews have already been pioneered so
    why are we spending time creating a taxonomy like we just discovered
    something?

    Systems assurance is based on two elements, they are as follows;

    (1). (POLICY); Compliance with security standards as directed by
    corporate information security policy. This also takes into
    consideration legislation and industry best practices.

    (2). (STANDARDS): Trusted Computer System Evaluation Criteria (TCSEC)/
    Orange Book, Information Technology Security Evaluation Criteria
    (ITSEC), and/or the combination of both known as the Common Criteria.
    You can also checkout Control Objectives for Information and Related
    Technology (COBiT) at www.isaca.org

    I can tell you that most organizations prefer to do there own
    evaluations, so COBiT is perfect because it provides a framework for
    Self-Review Assessments.

    http://www.isaca.org/template.cfm?Section=COBIT6

    http://www.isaca.org/Template.cfm?Section=Assurance&Template=/TaggedPage/TaggedPageDisplay.cfm&TPLID=19&ContentID=8746

    Next!!