[ISN] UK must strengthen cybersecurity for 2012 Olympics, warns Blunkett

From: InfoSec News <alerts_at_private>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 02:15:12 -0500 (CDT)
http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2009/04/27/235788/uk-must-strengthen-cybersecurity-for-2012-olympics-warns.htm

By Warwick Ashford
ComputerWeekly.com

The UK should use the 2012 Olympics to drive progress towards achieving
a world-class standard of cybersecurity, says former home secretary
David Blunkett.

"People have got to understand that we are in an entirely different
world now than we were even five years ago, said Blunkett, who is to
give the opening keynote at Infosecurity Europe in London this week.

Blunkett believes that the true nature of cybercrime is little known and
that people in the public and private sectors need to be more aware of
the enormous threat.

Cyber attack could cause devastating disruption to the 2012 Olympic
Games, but it is the missing element in the government's defence
strategy, he said.

[...]

--
LayerOne 2009, Information Security for the discerning professional.
May 23-24 2009 @ The Anaheim Marriott in Anaheim, California