Re: [IWAR] MER: IW attack on Jordan

From: ANN ROSENTHAL (ROSENTHAL_ANNat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 05 1998 - 05:36:56 PST

    Although I know nothing about the Middle East or Europe, I can
    attest, from primary source perspective,  to the accuracy of
    Chomsky's information regarding several specifics on which he has
    written with regard to US/Nicaragua and other LATAM operations.
    Although he has, apparently, no inside information, and when I have
    corresponded with him, seems genuinely surprised that anybody even
    remotely (timewise) connected with US policy making/implementation
    would read his works.

    One of the real dangers of waging  information warfare is believing
    the propaganda you generate.  People like Chomsky serve a very
    valuable role in societies which practice such warfare.  They
    continuously question.  Whether I accept or reject, ultimately, what
    he writes, I find it useful.

    Ann Rosenthal