[IWAR] Re: national ID imminent

From: geemanat_private
Date: Thu Jun 25 1998 - 09:42:46 PDT

    For what it's worth .......:

    \/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
    Written Comments

        Interested persons are invited to comment on this Notice of
    Proposed Rulemaking. It is requested, but not required, that two copies
    be submitted.
        All comments must be limited to 15 pages in length. Necessary
    attachments may be appended to those submissions without regard to the
    15 page limit. (49 CFR 553.21.) This limitation is intended to
    encourage commenters to detail their primary arguments in a concise
    fashion.
        Written comments to the public docket must be received by August 3,
    1998. All comments received before the close of business on the comment
    closing date will be considered and will be available for examination
    in the docket at the above address before and after that date. To the
    extent possible, comments received after the closing date will also be
    considered. However, the rulemaking action may proceed at any time
    after that date. NHTSA will continue to file relevant material in the
    docket as they become available after the closing date, and it is
    recommended that interested persons continue to examine the docket for
    new materials. To expedite submission of comments, simultaneous with
    the issuance of this notice NHTSA will mail copies to all Governor's
    Representatives for Highway Safety and to the motor vehicle
    administrators for each State.
        Those persons desiring to be notified upon receipt of their
    comments in the docket should enclose, in the envelope with their
    comments, a self-addressed stamped postcard. Upon receiving the
    comments, the docket supervisor will return the postcard by mail.
        Copies of all documents will be placed in Docket No. NHTSA-98-3945;
    in Docket Management, Room PL-401, Nassif Building, 400 Seventh Street,
    SW, Washington, DC 20590.