Re: Gzip & segmentation faults

From: Frank de Lange (frankat_private)
Date: Sun Dec 28 1997 - 06:46:00 PST

    [deletia]
    > I also noticed strange behaviour of VRML 2.0 plugins with M$IE (maybe
    > other browsers?) - they believes that every .gz file I wish to view
    > must be a compressed VRML file :).
    [...]

    That's probably caused by Microsoft MimeOLE, which thinks each and every .gz
    file is a vrml world. Your attachments are also marked as 'other/VRML' and
    x-world/x-vrml' (causing RFC-compliant MUA's to complain about them:

    Sun 03:07 PM] [PARSE] Unexpected characters at end of parameters:
    ,x-world/x-vrml; name="altered.gz"
    [Sun 03:07 PM] [PARSE] Unexpected characters at end of parameters:
    ,x-world/x-vrml; name="Dos-gpf.gz"
    [Sun 03:07 PM] [PARSE] Unexpected characters at end of parameters:
    ,x-world/x-vrml; name="Linux.gz"

    That's what you'll get by using `standard-related' software...

    BTW, how I know you're using MimeOLE? Simple:

    Cheers//Frank