Re: RAS 'save password' problems...

From: David LeBlanc (dleblancat_private)
Date: Sun Mar 22 1998 - 21:04:13 PST

    At 11:19 AM 3/20/98 -0600, Aleph One wrote:
> [...]

    There are also a number of entries corresponding to previous logins by
    users.  There is a way to turn this behavior off, but I don't recall at the
    moment exactly what it is.

    Essentially, it is there to allow you to log on if the domain controller
    can't be reached.  I believe it stores hashes rather than clear-text.

    The RAS functionality can often be annoying as well - it tends to prompt me
    for my password even when I'm using a script (which of course contains the
    user-password pair in the clear).  Not sure why it thinks it needs it - I
    just leave it blank, but a less astute user would probably type in their
    actual password.

    David LeBlanc           |Why would you want to have your desktop user,
    dleblancat_private |your mere mortals, messing around with a 32-bit