Re: nestea2 and HP Jet Direct cards. (Lexmark patches)

From: Ben Woodard (bwoodardat_private)
Date: Fri May 22 1998 - 11:45:23 PDT

    Lexmark has provided me with a patch to fix their firmware so that it
    doesn't crash when you hit it with nestea2 or syndrop but they haven't
    gotten it up on their website yet. If anyone would like it just let me
    know and I will send the files to you.

    I have to say that I was rather impressed with the speed at which
    Lexmark responded to this issue. I sent the bug report to our Lexmark
    Account manager on Wednesday at about noon. He forwarded it to the
    Lexmark engineering staff who called me on Thursday saying that they
    had a fixed version of the firmware that they were testing and that
    they were going to send it to me either later that day or
    tomorrow. This morning when I came in it was waiting in my mailbox. He
    also said that as part of their quality assurance program they are now
    monitoring this list as well as http://www.rootshell.com for things
    that might affect their printers.

    I have still not heard _ANYTHING_ back from my 5/16 post to HP.

    -ben