Ascend Pipeline DoS

From: Jeff Wheeler (jwheelerat_private)
Date: Fri May 29 1998 - 09:11:53 PDT

    After sending a message to Ascend with my complaints and opinions in this
    matter, an Ascend support representative phoned me, and we sorted our
    thoughts out.  They originally misunderstood the nature of this password
    prompt DoS vulnerability.  I imagine they will take care of this problem
    in the next release of the pipeline firmware.  I'll forward anything else
    relavent to BUGTRAQ.

    Jeff Wheeler  (JW3069)                   http://www.toldyouso.com/~jwheeler
    Systems Administrator                     "Every time I've built character,
    Told You So Consulting                         I've regretted it." - Calvin