Re: Silly patch to report version.bind requests

From: Peter Svensson (petersvat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 12 1998 - 11:39:49 PDT

    On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, Craig H. Rowland wrote:

    > While I don't suspect this will break anything, I would like to hear if it
    > does. I've been running the patch without incident, but no guarantees as
    > usual.

    On the other hand the version request feature is very much used among dns
    operators to track down errors. A lot of traffic on the bind mailing lists
    was regarding how to find out the version number of a remote bind
    installation. It had proven very helpful to us on many occasions so I hope
    not too many people will use this patch.

    Peter
    --
    Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
    <petersvat_private> ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF