Retraction and apology

From: routeat_private
Date: Thu Aug 20 1998 - 10:28:42 PDT

            I would like to apologize to the readers of the list and to Alfred
            Huger for the recent submission and subsequent (misguided) approval
            of a spoofed message.

            This message was spoofed and was NOT submmited by Al.  It's a resend
            of an old submission.  I should have caught this, but in error, I
            didn't.  There were several other submissions that were also spoofed
            (l0pht.com, secnet.com -- which incidentaly bounces).  I hopefully
            caught all of them.  However, I am new here, helping out aleph1
            while he's away.  I am like a substitute teacher and the kids aren't
            being very nice.

    --
    I live a world of paradox... My willingness to destroy is your chance for
    improvement, my hate is your fate -- my failure is your victory, a victory