Re: Netscape Communicator 4.5 can read local files

From: Ben Collins (bmcat_private)
Date: Wed Nov 25 1998 - 11:36:26 PST

    --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

    On Wed, Nov 25, 1998 at 12:48:32PM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
    >=20
    > If some one here can setup a webpage, send me the URL, have that page read
    > the file '/test.txt' from my hardrive and then that person send the
    > contents to this list, I will believe. Otherwise I think this whole
    > hysteria over 'unforseen' dangers should stop.

    Seems I was proven seriously wrong, *swallows pride*. Only limitations I
    see is that you do have to know the file name and path contrary to the
    original post, and as stated by the person who conducted the test, it is
    platform specific (he had to change it to work on this unix system). Not
    trying to dilute the problem, just noting some things.

    Apologies for the error in my statements, but isn't it much nicer to see
    it _really_ work?

    --=20
    Ben Collins <b.m.collinsat_private>                  Debian GNU/Linux
    UnixGroup Admin - Jordan Systems Inc.                 bcollinsat_private

    --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

    --envbJBWh7q8WU6mo--