Re: Fw:"NERP" DoS attack possible in Oracle

From: Pablo Luis Bucich (pbucicat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 04 1999 - 10:18:30 PST

    Hello

            I'v tested that in :

            SQL*Netv2 at HPUX 10.20 with Oracle 7.3.3,
            SQL*Netv2 at HPUX 9.04 with Oracle 7.1.4,

    with zero & one SQL*Netv2 sessions opened, and there is no problem. tnslsnr
    goes to sleep immediately when the telnet connection has closed.
    Can be some previous load/resource problem ? Or OS-dependant ?

    On Mon, 28 Dec 1998, Adam Maloney wrote:

    > This was my original posting to NTBugtraq back in August.
    > -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    >                   Adam Maloney
    >             Systems  Administrator
    >                 Internet  Exposure

     Ministerio de Economia y Obras y Servicios Publicos
     Secretaria de Hacienda                    Tel    : +54 1 349-6110
     Pablo Luis Bucich                         Fax    : +54 1 349-6505
     Buenos Aires, Argentina                   e-mail : pbucicat_private
    Windows 95: n. 32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch
                to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit
                microprocessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand
                            1 bit of competition.

    "Winners don't use Windows" -- Windows: Just Say No