Re: SUN almost has a clue! (automountd)

From: Alan Cox (alanat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 03:39:36 PST

    >   I've been dealing with Sun for 12 years.  I've never heard anyone make this
    > claim.  And in truth, as we all know, it doesn't take 3 months to test a patch.

    Allow me to repeat his experience. The socket ioctl hole that allowed any user
    to demolish your entire lan was reported to Sun, I got a message from Casper
    acking it and saying he'd fixed it. Over twelve months later and after
    posting exploits to bugtraq the patch finally got released.

    I'm quite fond of sun kit - they make nice boxes, but they have _real_
    problems somewhere in the management structure for releasing patches/updates.

    Alan