Re: SUN almost has a clue! (automountd)

From: der Mouse (mouseat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 05 1999 - 06:36:40 PST

    > I'll close by suggesting to Mr. Corruptio Optimi Pessima that when
    > bashing companies, or anyone else for that matter, it is generally
    > regarded as good manners to at least have the fortitude to stand
    > behind what you say by signing your real name ( and thus your
    > reputation ) to the words.

    You are missing something here.  "Mr." Corruptio Optimi Pessima's
    primary reputation may in fact be under exactly that name.  Just
    because you and I don't recognize it doesn't necessarily mean much.

    Take me, for example.  Everything I send out goes out under the name
    "der Mouse" (see the signature).  That is the name under which I have
    what reputation I have; my mundane name doesn't mean diddly to anyone
    (well, anyone in computer circles) and signing email with it *would* be
    hiding.  (What is it?  Look it up yourself.  I know of at least two
    public databases it can be found in.)

                                            der Mouse

                                   mouseat_private